23 June 2009

Back in UK - Beginning of a Glorious Summer

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I got back from my blissful 2 months' elective & holiday in Malaysia. So what have I been doing in the since my return to the land of Union Jack?

1. Enjoying the sunshine, and long days. Although I've had enough of sun back in KL, sunshine in England is a rare commodity, and at a mild temperature and less humid weather, it actually feels nice to be out in the sun! Had a BBQ with the gang in the weekend, which was a blissfully fattening experience. Imagine us having proper homemade Kajang Satay with authentic peanuts gravy and ketupat, in the sun in UK, followed by hours of poker, Too good to be true ei!

2. Catching up with friends. Everyone is eager to talk about their elective and plans for summer! So glad to see everyone :)

3. Work! My usual nursing bank shifts. Been getting lots of them since I have nothing much to do in these few weeks till convocation. I try to do 3 nights in the week, and half a Sunday. That will make me enough £ for the next few months - for visa application (£665pds - oh dear), rent, GMC registration, and summer shoppingggggg!

4. Going to Gym. Joined Bannatyne's Health Club again after 2 lazy years. This complement well with my night shifts, as I go in for an hour before I start work, and another hour after work. It's a bliss to have this sanctuary right in the middle between my flat and workplace, as I don't have to make any extra effort to get there... cos it's just THERE. My daily routine would be 30mins on either threadmill/bike/stepper, and a 20 laps swim in the pool, ending with a relaxing 15mins in the steamroom/sauna. Coupling up regular gym sessions and healthy eating, I'm determined to shed a whole lot of adipose tissues for this summer, for nicer photos during grad ball and convocation, and also for a sparkling new image as a newly qualified healthcare professional!

5. Sorting out mountains of documents. Although I am still not sure if I want to stay in UK or return back to work in KL, I filled up all the documents UHB sent me anyway e.g. reply for confirmation of job offer acceptance, pre-employment checks etc. Quite a tedious chore to be honest!

6. Online shopping. For CDs, DVDs, books, misc rubbish etc. Bought so much that I have shut down the computer to stop myself from doing so. It is infectious, I shall try to exert more self control! Just for a rough guide of the scale of it... I've got and extra 2 dozens of CD/DVDs, and books that could possibly last me for half a year if I have the time to read continuosly.

7. Catching up with the series I missed in the past 2 months, and starting new ones.

8. Sorting out my folks' grand UK trip. Mum and dad are coming on 1st July, and I've been scratching my head thinking where to bring them to. Finally decided that we won't be going too far away. Just going to concentrate on the midlands, and a 3days trip to Isle of Skye. All done now, just pray hard for good weather :) This is the very first time they come to visit me in UK. Trying my best to impress them and make sure they have a good time. Will need a major tidying up of my flat, stock up my fridge with nice and fresh food and start planning the meals (my cooking of course!).


.

No comments:

Post a Comment