24 June 2009

My blissful addiction to the tiny little beans



I'm a coffee addict, yes I am, since a long long time ago. It's amazing how such humble little beans can produce such intense, mysterious and delicious aroma. Nothing beats starting off a morning with a cup of strong blend. A smooth roast in the afternoon goes well with a light lunch, and a cappuccino after dinner is divine, and if the mood is right, I don't mind a cup of decaf in the middle of the night.

I appreciate a cup of good roast, especially when accompanied with a nice sofa, comfortable surrounding, some mood setting background music, and a street side window with handful of pretty faces to check out, or a good book to kill off a lazy afternoon. A cuppa of 3x strength is essential while burning midnight oil (I always do), and to ensure a nocturnal being like me gliding through the night effortlessly.

These tiny little beans have been an essential part of the world's civilisation for centuries. Without them, the Parisian cafe culture would not flourish, and Edith Piaf might not be such a timeless classic among the cafe fans. Coffee farmers may not earn as much as they do now when more coffee buyers adopt the fair trade concept. Rural coffee plantation in Africa, south america and south east Asia will not be developed to support the local economy, giving their younger generations a better future, and to upgrade their living condition.

Tiny little beans with a big significance. My beloved coffee, my justifiable addiction!





**Just about to finish off a night shift, and going to have my breakfast and nice cup of Americano.


.

2 comments: