18 May 2009

518

518 - a set of 3 numbers. It can simply be a house number, a password for an email account, a score for some exams/assessments, a secret code for a secret door to access a secret room etc etc... or a memorable date, such as the date of birth of this blog...

4 weeks in KL now, on my elective in HKL. A simple 30 days stay in this familiar yet unfamiliar city, i've met lots of interesting people - old friends I keep in touch regularly, old friends I've lost contact for a while and got back in touch recently, new acquaintance, colleagues in the hospitals, patients in the wards, strangers on the street. Each of you has given me some inspiration in a way or another, and for some reasons some of you has inspired me to start writing - to shout my opinions out loud, to write about my trips and journey, to show off all the nice food I've sampled, to share good photo shots, or simply to keep a journal for myself...

With studies and exams all at the back of my head now, and with lots of free time to kill, I managed to resurrect my hibernating inquisitive and sensitive self, to open up my eyes to see what's around me, to think, to enjoy the fragrance of a simple mug of black coffee, to not complain about the extreme heat and humidity of my wonderland (KL), to reflect more on what I have done in the past, and to think about the present and future, to think about of what I want to be and what I don't want to be, to relax, to live a carefree life in one of the most hectic cities in this region, to be myself, to dream about the impossibles, to appreciate the touchable reality... to WANDER in REALITY... A simple yet meaningful title that just came into my mind when I decided to start a blog in a local Starbucks...

I'm about to turn 25, that's a quarter of a hundred, that's 1/3 of a lifetime of most Malaysians, 1/4 of the Japaneses. I'm about to start a wonderful life in a wonderful career with lots of stories to see to tell and to share. I'm about to live my life the way I've been planning and dreaming of. It's about time to start jotting down bits and pieces that I experience in life, just in case (hopefully not) I get hit by early onset dementia and go cuckoo... with this at least I could spend my days in a psychiatry ward reading about my wonderful past :)

Things always happen in the least unexpected consequences. Just like this one, it didn't take 42 weeks to be nurtured in a womb, it didn't take 5 years of hardwork and torture to be completed, just a tall Sumatra brew, free wifi, some incidental inspirations and a lot of free time :) I am not sure how long this baby can live, it's got some inborn metabolic errors such as laziness, temporary brain malfunction, lousy internet connection, too many on-calls, being away for holidays, and alas alcohol intoxication lol!

Join me for a wonderful journey, what else is more fascinating than to wander in the reality?!








.

2 comments: